Job Title: Regional Compliance Officer
Location:Mogadisho, Bosaso, Las’anod,Galka’ayo, Kismaayo, Garowe
Position:6position (each city one position)
Reports to: Amal Express Senior Compliance Officer
Employment: Full Time
Duration:One-year possible extension
AML/CFT Anti-Money Laundering and Countering of Terrorist Financing
CB Central Bank
SCO Senior Compliance Officer
RCO Regional Compliance Officer
ISTR Internal Suspicious Transaction Report
SDN Specially Designated National and Blocked List
A Regional compliance officer researches, implements, and monitors the areas of regulations and laws, policies and procedures to ensure that the Amal express complies with its outside regulatory and legal requirements and existing internal policies and procedures.
- RGO are responsible for Compliance obligations in their region and specifically meeting the requirements of these Programs;
- Sanctioned Screening,
- Suspicious Transaction Reporting,
- Transaction Monitoring
- Know Your Employee,
- Training regional staff
- Know Your Customer.
- Ensuring that a Compliance Culture is Implemented in the region of operations through support from branch Managers. They are a point of contact for the SCO in their region for Compliance obligations.
- Ensuring continuing compliance with obligations of AML/CFT laws and regulations applicable to Amal Express Operations.
- Conducting agent, corporate customer and employee due diligence
- Making sure all transactions processed in Somalia, inflow and outflow meet are compliant as per the companies policy and procedures
- Communicating with staff and making them aware of compliance issues, risks and procedures to be adopted and mitigating risks.
- Acting as a compliance contact person in liaise with the SCO.
- Ensuring the implementation of procedures
- Keeping all relevant records required as per the applicable law and regulations
- Review of Employee Screening Program.
- Knowing Amal Express polices and procedure
- Strong working knowledge of general compliance as a whole.
- Customer Facing Staff on the procedures such as Sanction Screening.
- Targeted training based on Findings where deficiency is located.
- Training will be provide to ensure fulfilment of responsibilities by the SCO
Sanction Screening Program
- Releasing Alerts upon verification of SDN not matching
- Reporting ISTR to the SCO
- Investigating Alerts through Case Management and insuring accurate information is gathered.
- Reviewing the data from Transaction Monitoring reports from the SCO.
- Training Customer Facing Staff on the procedures
- Release of Transactions on Hold / Suspicious / Matching SDN.
Know Your Customer Program
- Ensuring accurate Information is added about the Customer Profile, Transactions and Comments
- Customer Due Diligence obligations
- Customer Risk Rating
- Customer Onboarding review and approval.
- Management of Customer Corporate Profile including Site Visits.
- Delegation of Site Visit to Business Operation
- Reporting of Risk Incidents to the Risk Management Officer
- Reporting directly to the SCO.
- Preparing reports on Compliance, performance, deficiencies and risk-related issues.
- ISTR Management
- A Degree of law
- At least three-year experience of express compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills English and Somali
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls of Anti-Money Laundering and Countering of Terrorist Financing.
- Strong understanding of financial institutions laws and regulations with applied experience in remittance compliance.
- Capable of digesting and interpreting a wide range of domestic and international regulatory requirements.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and conduct compliance monitoring and internal reviews.
- Ability to independently conduct research on consumer and remittance regulatory law and provide interpretations or clarifications to compliance.
- Strong working knowledge of general compliance issues.
- Ability to conduct trainings.
Only qualified applicants are invited to submit their Cover Letters, updated resumes supported with copies of their professional, academic certifications and any other evidence demonstrating the required experience and three referees through email; email@example.com